Wednesday 4 February 2015

He Said

The shadows were leaping out around my table as I sat sipping Earl Grey,
From the Shadows a voice calls out to me,
A voice I know so well,
A voice that makes me weak,
A voice I crave the most,
May I have your number, he says,
I look up at the face to the voice,
A million emotions threaten to burst my heart,
A million replies I am thinking through,
A million affirmatives echo through my soul,
Yes you may, I say
I await a napkin, a paper, a note,
In my excitement the century I live in was lost,
Hand me your phone, he says
He swiftly saves his and takes mine,
I look at his face scrunched up with concentration,
Fighting the urge to stroke perfection,
He hands back my phone with a brush of his fingers,
I thought electric jolts were fictional but the crackling static at my fingertips said its real,
As he stood to leave I finally looked down to my phone,
This can't be, this wasn't supposed to be,
I looked up at him and a shade of darkness falls over,
A darkness I know will bring me no good,
The phone kept flashing, Your Biggest Mistake.

1 comment:

  1. Who says darkness bring s no good
    It is all about about one's own mood
    Glories of light is nothing but gift of night
    It shines because it fights with night.
    Does it matter who says what
    Within the mind is power that cleans every dirt
    Welcome a day after every night
    the spirit within leads us to honing height

    ReplyDelete