Sunday 28 April 2013

Beat those Blues


Who doesn't get screwed up by life from time to time?

Everyone does. Difference being some may show it some do not.

So , my point being, do you feel blue more often than necessary?

Because I certainly do.  There are stretches of days on which I simply do not get out of my bed or my ‘bat cave’ as my best friend likes to call it. And to tell you the truth it’s the unhealthiest way to combat the blues. (No, I will not call it depression, that sounds scary. )

In medical school, feeling blue and underachieving may be a common phenomenon. Now that undergrad is coming to an end, post grad seems to be like this huge hole I am about to plunge myself into and never find the ropes of getting out. It’s does look like a very dampening future ahead.

But that is just my point of view. In general I am not so much of a happy person. Its just too much of energy being all smiley and cheerful. I like my brooding self and there are only a handful of people whose presence can make me less brooding. So being the dark angsty person I have had a fair share of being blue and bed ridden and can honestly give a worthwhile suggestion.

First of all face your damn fears. Make a list of things that bother you. It may be about yourself or someone else. If the someone else is bothering you so much, cut them off. There is no point in keeping a friendship or a relationship which takes up too much of your time and energy. These relationships are supposed to make you feel the world is not so bad after all, that you can get through bad times, that you can share your problems and not have to face them alone. Hell we have parents, let us leave the judgment and complicated stuff up to them! (I adore my parents, just saying) Seems harsh right? Well then You Only Live Once, don’t let any scumbag spoil it for you.

Now comes the more important part. Are you bothering yourself? Is the thing that annoys you to hell inside you? Then my dear reader I have the most apt and excellent quote for you :

If you want to kill yourself, kill what you don’t like. I had an old self that I killed. You can kill yourself too, but that doesn't mean you got to stop living.

- Vargus, Archie’s Final Projectk

Trust me, this quote has helped me live through each day one at a time at one point of the darkest times of my life. Which, obviously I am not at all proud of.

Secondly, stop comparing your life with others. I know, that is so much easier said than done. Its human nature to compare and compete. Give it a try though.

I know, I am really not the ideal person to be dishing out the manual for combating blues. But I would like to leave with on the note, let me be in my darkness, my black world, for it takes a black velvety dark sky to show the brightest shiny stars. 





4 comments:

  1. Being smiley and cheerful does squeeze out a lot of energy. Brooding and being sarcastic makes life so much easier :D
    The quote is inspiring, so is the post.
    It does take the darkest sky to shine out the stars; I hope the stars shine out for you really really soon!!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “If you want to kill yourself, kill what you don’t like."

    There is a powerful message there right? something almost ethereal.


    Pages off Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this quote is a very powerful one. :)

    ReplyDelete