Saturday 12 May 2012

Unadulterated Love

Update!
Yes it has been a while since my last(and only) post :D.Well, my problem is that I have too many varied interests in life!Now that I am home, I have reconciled with my love for football(Man U till the end!!) and my love for art.This has kept me occupied and left me no time to think or write. However, in the meantime I have tried to get the hang of blogging and made my blog a tad bit prettier and colourful.Thanks to Antara, who pointed out the obvious faults...:) .So its Mother's Day tomorrow, what could be a better excuse for a poem dedicated to my mum...So here you go, this ones for my mum and all the amazing one's out there..:)

Unadulterated Love

Being a Mother is an intricate art in itself
A job whose contract never ends
For even after she has crossed to the other side
She still serves as a guiding light, as a source of strength
Motherhood brings out a new personality
Life becomes an elaborate web of procured qualities
For once where she was selfish
She has now learned to sacrifice
For once where she lived for herself
She has now learned to live for others
For once where she had her own dreams
She has now started to build her child's
It is an unremitting job with no pay no accolades
Yet this job she willingly does
The only dream she keeps 
Is to see her child happy and successful
To be someone maybe once she had dreamt to be
She is a sacred being
Created for Atheists
So they could have something to believe in
Something to keep their humanity intact
She is the one who understands our baby jargon
She is the one who is ever sanguine
Her love is one of the few things
left pure and unadulterated 
She is a mother 
She is strong
She will love
She will care
Whether or not her child is fair

Authors note:
By fair here it of course does not imply to ones skin tone..:D
In no way do I wish to offend the Atheists, myself being one. I wrote so because I believe that is is necessary to believe in something pure, something good, something we love to stay on the right path.Some find this in God, some in nature and some in their Mother..
This poem is inspired by one of my favorite books 'Mother' by the Russian author Zoya Voskresenskaya.









8 comments:

  1. "For once where she was selfish
    She has now learned to sacrifice"
    so beautiful :) Makes you feel so good to be a woman.
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnk you!!..yes so proud to be a woman...:)

      Delete
  2. the poem was really touching and meaningful , hope to see more from you soon , until then , keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it was really nice of you to go through..:)

      Delete
  3. You really WRITE about A MOTHER !! I just can't get over the richness of this........no flattery !

    This is grand & plus that wall art - that's nice too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are really kind...thank you so much..:)

      Delete
    2. The latent beauty deserves that ! And can you tell me how to make those things....I am so hellish at fine arts :(

      Delete
  4. The poem touched the extreme depth of my heart ! Great work didi ! hope to see more of them in future ! i just think how u people do this !

    ReplyDelete